Monday, April 1, 2013

Monster Book of Monsters: Part Three

Just held together with pins at the moment
Well, my high hopes for fabulous teeth were temporarily dashed when this is what I created.
This will not do at ALL!
I had decided that I was not going to make any sort of template or pattern because I want both books to look different.  So I picked up a piece of fabric and folded it in half and just stared sewing teeth.  It actually didn't look too bad... Until I tried to turn them right-side-out.

Back to the drawing board.

After some thought, I decided that making each tooth individually was the way to go.  Again, I didn't use any sort of pattern.  I just sewed what looked like a tooth.  Just one at first.  It looked perfect! So I went all out and sewed up a whole bunch.  Then I arranged them on the table and switched them around until I thought they looked right.
Then I put a little stuffing in each one and pinned it to the "gums".  I put a piece of batting between two layers of red to plump them up just a bit. 
 Made myself a tooth sandwich and sewed it up.
 I also made the tongues using red and a little batting for substance.
 And here is where my Monster Books of Monsters sit now.  All pinned together.  I need to sculpt around the eyes a little more.  Both of the girls just want to hug these guys, and they are supposed to be a little menacing.

Here is what they are trying to look more or less like. 
These images were found on a Google Images search for "Monster Book of Monsters"

Next I need to sew these together and come up with a way to get the title on them.
Thanks for looking and following my progress!
:) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! It is nice to know that you are thinking of me.
Thanks for taking the time to leave one.