|The Transformers bag, complete with falling-apart lining.|
|The bag itself has been kind of holding the liner together for months.|
|See! I wasn't kidding about the horrible shape the liner was in!|
So I did the best I could at measuring the old liner. I didn't want to make it any worse than it already was just in case this new one didn't work. I wanted to keep the old one to put back in the lunchbag, if needed. After my (only slightly inaccurate) measuring, I sewed it up. I realized that I didn't have enough for the little cover flap, so I added that on after.
|New lining, cut and ready to sew.|
|The 'before' and 'after' bag liners.|
|It isn't as stiff as the old liner so it looks odd, but believe me, it fits great.|
|With the little flap I had to add on. I feel that the contents stay colder longer with this addition.|
She has taken it to school twice so far and says it works great. I threw the old liner out last night!
I had a thought. Since the vinyl-ish stuff looks like it has some type of fabric base, I wonder if this liner is machine washable. I've washed my potholders many times, so I know that the other material is. Using what little scraps I had left of the 'potholder' material (I have lots of the vinyl stuff left), I made a little test scrap to toss in the laundry. We'll see how that testing goes, laundry day isn't until Saturday.
The finished bag looks remarkably similar to the bag at the beginning of this post!
|The new lining is in this, honest! I am glad it looks the same from the outside. There would probably be a problem somewhere if it didn't!|
Thanks for reading! Pin It