Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Little cosmetic bags disguised as loot bags

My daughter turns fourteen on Saturday and wanted a birthday party.  Since "boys are gross" (yup, still.), she invited only girls.  I remember seeing a wonderful (and easy looking) tutorial for a pencil case and thinking: "That would make a cute cosmetic bag".  So I found my bookmark and headed to Creating My Way to Success for the instructions. I made ten, assembly line style, so I have no idea how long it would have taken to make one, but they were very easy.  The only time I ran into problems was when I wasn't paying proper attention.  And when I broke a zipper pull beyond repair, but we won't talk about that.  It was at a time where it was really easy to replace the zipper, thank goodness!  I made mine smaller too.  I kind of impressed myself by being able to pull that off!  I wanted to use the zippers that I already had, which were 7" zippers.  My finished bags were approximately 4"x6".

The part that took the longest was the initial pinning for my first two steps.  Naturally, I didn't quite follow the tutorial precisely.  I did a couple steps out of order.


The next day, I had these!  They are filled with girly stuff.  My daughter chose the colours/scents that she thought her friends would like best and customized each bag.  We attached tags to the top zipper that said "thank you" with the name of the intended recipient.  My daughter chose the pink one with the black zipper, which just happens to be the one I broke the zipper on, for herself.


Thank you, Jill for a great, easy to follow tutorial!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. HI Ange! Your bags look FABULOUS!! Great job! I'm so glad the tutorial was helpful! Thanks for sharing this with me - I'm going to post it on my facebook page too!


    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill! I'm glad I didn't make you cringe!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! It is nice to know that you are thinking of me.
Thanks for taking the time to leave one.